We’re here to help! Below is a list of our frequently asked questions to help you make your stay with us at The Jewel a memorable one.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact us to find out more.
What is your cancellation policy?
Bookings before November 1, 2021:
The Jewel is allowing guests to cancel without penalty by 6 pm day of arrival for existing and new bookings through November 1, 2021.
Bookings after November 1, 2021:
We allow free cancellations and changes until 6 pm (NYC time), 48 hours prior to arrival. Any cancellations or modifications made after that time are subject to a charge of one night’s room plus tax. Please note there are no cancellations or changes allowed on reservations booked under the Non-Refundable Rate.
Do you have a reservation waitlist?
We do have waitlists and will notify you should rooms become available.
Do you permit pets?
Pets are not permitted, except service animals.
What is your check-in and check-out time?
Check in time is 3pm; check out time is Noon. Early check in or late check out can be arranged for a minimal charge if available at the time of check in.
How late can we check-in?
You can check-in as late as 6am the day after you are due to arrive. Your credit card automatically guarantees your room. If you are checking in late and know this, please advise when making the reservation or call the hotel directly the day of arrival.
Are you able to hold our luggage?
We are happy to store your luggage either on arrival in the morning if there are no rooms available to check into, or upon departure. A Guest Service Manager at the Reception Desk can do this for you.
Is there a fitness room?
Yes, we have a Fitness Center with cardio equipment and free weights. Additionally, we will deliver yoga kits to your room at no additional charge.
Do you have laundry services?
Same-day valet cleaning and complimentary self-serve launderette are available at The Jewel.
Is parking available at the hotel?
Discounted parking is available about a block from our hotel at:
140 West 51st Street
(between 6th and 7th Avenues)
Garage hours of operation:
Weekdays 6:00am – 10:00pm
Weekends 8:00am – 6:00pm
What is the minimum age requirement to check into the room?
Guests must be at least 18 years old to check-in our rooms.
How much do you charge for high speed Wi-Fi?
Free high speed Wi-Fi is available in all guest rooms and throughout our hotel.
What accessibility features are offered at The Jewel?
The Jewel Hotel strives to meet the needs of its guests with disabilities. Please contact the hotel if you have any special requests relating to your disability.
The following areas of the hotel are accessible:
• Public entrance
• Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the accessible guestrooms
• Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the registration area
• Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the restaurant
• Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the business center
• Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the exercise facilities
• Business center
• Public restrooms
The following areas of the hotel may not be fully accessible (please call the hotel for more information):
• Fitness center
Additional accessibility information:
• Accessible guest rooms with mobility features have doorways that provide 32” of clear width
• Hotel has a TTY for guest use
• Guest room TVs have closed captioning or closed caption decoders provided
• Service animals are welcome
• Braille and tactile signage is provided for permanent rooms and spaces
• Hotel employees will read menus and other printed/visual information to guests who are blind/low vision